Rental Qualification Criteria
We cannot process your application until all documentation is completed and/or submitted. If you application is not competed within 48hrs, it will be discontinued and you will need to contact us via email to re-open your application. As a company, we do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and welcome Persons of all Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, or National Origin.
- Valid government issued identification with a picture id will be required, along with a valid Social Security number. No exceptions.
- A complete and accurate application listing the current and at least one previous rental reference with phone numbers will be required (incomplete applications will be discontinued).
- Each applicant will be required to qualify individually.
- Applicants must be able to enter a legal and binding contract.
- Incomplete, inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial.
- Any applicant currently using illegal drugs or reporting a conviction for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance shall be denied.
- Any individual, who may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of an individual, the complex, or the property of others, will be denied.
- An application insufficient in Income, Credit and/or Rental Requirements will be denied.
- We cannot process an application until all documentation is completed and/or submitted. If any application is not competed within 48hrs, it will be discontinued and you will need to contact us via email to re-open the application.
- The denial of one applicant will result in the denial of the entire application.
- Applications that far exceed minimum standards in individual categories, but fail to meet minimum standards in another, will be denied.
- You must see the property in person before applying for a property.
- Gross monthly household income must equal three times (3) the stated monthly rent.
- One month of your most recent paycheck stubs from your employer will be required.
- Verifiable income or liquid assets equal to three (3) times the total annual rent will be required. (Verifiable income may include, but is not limited to: bank accounts, trust accounts, social security, spouse/child support, grants)
- Self-employed applicants will be required to show proof of income through copies of the previous two (2) year's tax return.
- Self-employed applicants will be verified through state records. A recorded business name or corporate filing will be required to meet verification of employment standards.
- Applicants will be denied if the legal source of income cannot be verified.
- Three (3) years of verifiable rental history or mortgage history from a current third party landlord is required. (Rental references ending 12 months prior to the date of application will not be considered current)
- Home ownership is verified through the county tax assessor. Mortgage payments must be current. Home ownership negotiated through a land sale contract is verified through the contract holder.
- Eviction-free rental history for a period of seven (7) years as of the date of the application will be required.
- Rental history reflecting past due rent or an outstanding balance will be denied.
- If a previous landlord gives a negative reference or refuses to give a reference, the application will be denied.
- Two (2) or more NSF checks within a period of one year will result in denial.
- Rental history demonstrating noise or other documented complaints will result in a denial when the landlord would not re-rent to applicant.
Generally, a credit history showing no negative reports is required. A negative report is considered any items 30 days past due or greater, collections, repossessions, liens, judgments or garnishments. Negative credit will result in denial.
- Credit scores less than 625 will result in the denial of the application.
- A credit file report containing a discharged bankruptcy within 5 years will be denied.
- Total of collections and charge offs shall not exceed a total of the equivalent of one month’s rent.
- Collections from utility companies will result in the denial of the application.
Upon receipt of the rental applications and screening fee, landlord will conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has been convicted of, or pled guilty to or no contest to any crime. If any of the following criminal activities are discovered during the background check, the rental application will be denied.
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea ever for: any felony involving serious injury, kidnapping, death, arson, rape, sex crimes and/or child sex crimes, extensive property damage or drug-related offenses (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to sell) class A/Felony burglary or class A/Felony robbery.
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea for any other felony charges.
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea for: any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, sex related, drug related (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession) property damage or weapons charges.
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea for: any class B or C misdemeanor in the above categories or any misdemeanors involving criminal trespass, theft, dishonesty, and prostitution shall be grounds for denial of the rental application.